Baptism is the means by which God makes sons and daughters. “In Holy Baptism our gracious heavenly Father liberates us from sin and death by joining us to the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are born children of a fallen humanity; in the waters of Baptism we are reborn children of God and inheritors of eternal life. By water and the Holy Spirit we are made members of the Church, which is the body of Christ. As we live with him and with his people, we grow in faith, love, and obedience to the will of God.” (The Baptismal Liturgy)
- Call church office and speak with office staff about your desire for baptism.
- Pick a date, time, and sponsors.
- Set a date and time to meet with the pastor to discuss baptism and answer questions.
- Invite family and friends to worship and celebrate the special date with you.
- Hold true to the promises you and your sponsors make for the child.